To view/download a PDF version of the Travel Award information please CLICK HERE.
Travel Awards to the Diet & Optimum Health Conference are generously supported by a National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) Conference grant to support the attendance of trainees, as well as underrepresented and disadvantaged individuals.
Depending on the award, funds may be applied towards the cost of conference registration or for registration and costs of travel, lodging, and childcare to offset the overall costs of attending this conference.
Travel Award applications must be received by July 15, 2023. Please read the following information or download the PDF for details about the two award options, eligibility, and how to apply.
- Travel Registration Award: $300-650 available to early career scientists* (undergraduate, graduate students, post-doctoral trainees) to cover conference registration costs.
- Full Travel Award: Full conference registration plus up to $1500 in qualifying travel expenses used to attend the conference to underserved/underrepresented** early career scientists* who are presenting a talk/poster at the meeting.
*Junior faculty may also apply but priority will be given to students/postdocs.
**This is defined broadly, with examples including minority race/ethnicity, disability, LGBTQ+ and first-generation college students.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Register for and attend the entire Diet & Optimum Health Conference.
- Provide a brief statement of how the conference supports your career development and your commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity.
- Provide brief letter of support from a faculty member confirming your status as early/junior scientist.
- For Full Travel awards, awardees must be part of an underrepresented community, provide a brief travel budget, and present an abstract at the meeting; abstract submission deadline is July 31, 2023.
How to Apply
(Note: qualified applicants may apply for both travel awards, but only one travel award can be awarded per applicant; applicants can apply for and receive a Travel Award and a Young Investigator Award)
Travel Award applications must be received by July 15, 2023.
Award winners will be informed via email and will receive their travel funds after the conclusion of the conference. Questions can be directed to conference co-organizer, Emily Ho ([email protected]).